Saturday 30 June 2018

gene expression - Can intron become exon in alternative splicing?


From this image enter image description here


We can see several exons that are actually introns in other genes. It's not a really a different gene, it's an alternative splicing of a gene. My background is not biology so is it possible for alternative splicing to behave like this? I only know that alternative splicing is just exon skipping and introns will just stay introns and not become exons. Can someone explain this to me and give any suggestions on which part of biology (or genetics) I need to learn. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...