Sunday 1 April 2018

ethics - Should I inform students that there are cheaper alternatives to the on-campus book store?


The bookstore at my American university is an outpost of Barnes and Noble, charges much higher prices than can be found on Amazon, and in my opinion offers very poor service. Among other things that upset me, they prohibit students from browsing the stacks of textbooks -- instead you are supposed to tell the staff what you want, so they can retrieve it for you.


I prefer to mass e-mail my students in advance of the course and urge them to buy their books for my class at Amazon, used if at all possible.


Is there anything unethical, or that could possibly get me into trouble, about this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...