Sunday 15 April 2018

book recommendation - Introductory biology text for an outsider


I'm a maths major and I have an interest in learning biology. I know very, very little; I know how babies are made and that's about it. Could anyone recommend a stimulating text to read for its own sake and also to use to learn biology?



Answer



I found the Campbell Biology textbook to be quite comprehensive and approachable. I think many introductory biology courses use it.


http://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Biology-Edition-Jane-Reece/dp/0321558235


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...