Thursday 7 September 2017

research process - Is it possible to replicate the experience gained in a grad school on my own without attending one?


Is it possible to become a researcher on my own? How do I replicate the grad school experience through self study or being an autodidact?


I came across these two sites: How to Become a Pure Mathematician (or Statistician) and How to become a GOOD Theoretical Physicist.


I came across such a thing on CS Theory Stack Exchange too.


Is it true that if I follow actively what has been given in these sites I’d be a physicist or mathematician or an independent researcher? I don’t know about publishing papers. At the best, I can access arXiv and Google Scholar on my internet connection. I don’t think I’d be actively ‘contributing’ to research or advancing the frontiers of knowledge. At the best, I guess I can try answer questions on SE sites.





No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...