Wednesday 27 September 2017

conference - Mentioning future work, that is now complete



I am presenting a paper at a computer science conference.


The paper I submitted to the conference mentioned future work that would significantly enhance the utility of the method.


This work was work that was always planned to be part of the same "project" as the work in the paper, indeed the conference paper is presented as a part way step towards doing X, and the future work is what takes it all the way.


The extension was quite involved (and not quite complete when I submitted the paper for review). They day before I left for the conference that work was "completed", in that a journal article about it was submitted for review.


Now when I present at the conference, in the conclusion I want to mention the future work – at least to the extent that it was described in the conference paper. Should I go into more detail? Should I even mention that "This work is now complete, and is under review for publication"?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...