Thursday 13 July 2017

zoology - What is this bug?


I recorded a video of this bug:


enter image description here


https://youtu.be/0eoWfHLEo7A


I counted 8 legs, the front legs are a little curved. The drawing on the flat back is dark and looks like the image of Jesus with some light from behind, hahahaha. I found it on the curtain of my bedroom. I believe it belongs to some tree where it can use its camouflage. Can anyone identify it?


Location: Valencia, Spain.



Answer



I think it looks a lot like a European Pigeon Tick (Argas reflexus).




They infest pigeons and they die when infesting humans, which they only do if they are very hungry (yours looks hungry though). May also transmit diseases.


Edit:
It could also be an Blyborough Tick (Argas vespertilionis). They infest bats and are a little rounder in shape but look otherwise similar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...