Sunday 16 July 2017

etiquette - Photo requirement on CV?


I came across an advertisement of an academic position (in Europe) that states explicitly:



Application package should include:
 (1) a complete curriculum vitae (with a photo), (...)



I have never seen a photo on CV to be a requirement (although the fact that is included in parenthesis might implicitly mean that is optional?)



In any case I find it mildly strange.


Assuming that its is indeed a requirement, what is the rationale behind this? What are the benefits (for the person advertising the position) of doing so?


I am not asking what are the benefits for the applicant (for which there is a related question) but I am asking from the point of view of the person receiving the applications. Even though the position is located in Europe (Switzerland), feel free to answer for your own region!




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...