Friday 2 March 2018

publications - Extension work to a paper which is currently under review process : Is it good to communicate this?


I have submitted a paper for a math journal and it is currently under review for the past 4 months. Meanwhile I have come up with an important work, that directly builds on top of that paper, which I thinks increases the importance of current paper, when looked in the light of this new work. I can say that this new piece can be a good extention work to my paper increasing its value.


My question is, can I write to the Editor in chief, who has been communicating with me, about this new development. If so, would it speed up or have positive impact on the review process of the currently sumbmitted paper? Or does it also mean that editor may ask me to take back my current paper, add this new piece of extension and resubmit.


Or Should I submit this new piece of work as a separate paper to same journal, even when the current paper is still under review?


In any case, is it a good idea to communicate this to the editor in chief?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...