Saturday 3 August 2019

publications - Will I be paid a percentage of the fee that readers pay to download my article?



I am a fresh PhD student and I have a question regarding the scientific publication process.



Let's say that I have submitted a paper to a certain journal in Springer, Elsevier etc... and it has been published.


The editor will charge 31.95$ to anyone who would eventually download my article.


How much do I get from it (as the article's writer) ?



Answer




How much do I get from it (as the article's writer) ?



Nothing.


Moreover, through subscription fees, your university is very possibly paying a substantial amount of money for access to your work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...