Sunday 10 March 2019

learning - Can ants learn things?


I have an ant nest in a jar. Whenever I want to observe them, I have to remove the cover and therefore put them in light - that scares them. They also can see shadow cast by myself.



I often throw in some food when I'm uncovering the jar.


I was curious if ants will ever remember that I'm not dangerous and that light means food.


If not, are there other things they can learn? Do they teach each other to hunt? Can queen learn things ants can not (queen has shown a lot of individuality compared to ants)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...