Thursday 20 September 2018

publications - Why professors spend most of their time to write proposals than doing research?


I have been working in academic career in several years. I have noticed that almost all professors spend most of their time to write proposals?


And to my surprise, they are not working on research papers. This is reflected by the fact that the number of technical papers with first author (single author) as a senior professor is decreased quite dramatically.


My question is, therefore, is there any hidden (but valid) reason for this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...