Friday 13 November 2015

publications - What can/should be done about journals that spam potential contributors?


I'm a very early stage researcher and my first two conference papers could have been better, but that doesn't stop new journals spamming me with offers to publish my work. This morning I received two emails from:



  1. Journal of Communication and Computer (http://www.davidpublishing.com/)

  2. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science (http://ijpg.org/index.php/IJACSci)


Now this is clearly spam, they know nothing about my research area or they wouldn't be asking me, and my first reaction is to not waste my time reformatting work that I've already done. But am I missing something here?



Personally I feel that publishing in these general purpose repositories dilutes the (our!) publishing model and makes it harder to find related research.


So what is, if anything, being done about this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...