Wednesday 4 November 2015

computer science - Is there a way to find review articles by the keyword?


When I search for papers using some keywords in academic databases (like Google Scholar), there are lots of papers, but I would like to read literature reviews first because I’m new in that area. (By literature reviews, I mean article-length papers that analyze existing work on a specific topic.)


So I think it would be helpful for me if there were a way to find literature reviews using the keyword or using the paper’s title. I want to categorize papers I’ve found by its document type (research, survey, review, etc).


What I've tried is using a specific academic database (ScienceDirect), which provides an advanced search, in which one can filter the paper by its type (original research article, review article, short survey, etc) – but I feel some limitations of this method. I think I can also do this by adding the word review to my keywords for searching or by reading a paper’s abstract, number of references and guessing whether it is review article or not.


Is there a more efficient way to find review articles by the keyword?


(My research area is computer science.)


UPDATE


"feel some limitations" in my post, I'm not sure but it seems that ScienceDirect only searches for literatures that belongs to ElseVier company. I think It doesn't cover the journal articles well, comparing to e.g) Google Scholar so I said I feel some limitations of it



Answer




Google Scholar does not offer as concise query commands, as for example, Scopus and ProQuest. Note that there is a bug in Scopus. When I use commands such as the following, they don't work unless, I add an extra space " ", at the end of each line. Here is one of my Scopus queries, which shows you an example, of exactly what you are looking for. The keyword fields are ar:artical, cp:conference contribution, comp:computer science.


(  
(
( DOCTYPE(ar) AND PUBYEAR AFT 2008 ) OR
( DOCTYPE(cp) AND PUBYEAR AFT 2010 )
) AND

TITLE-ABS-KEY
(
"design science" and "literature review"

) AND

(
SUBJAREA(COMP)
) AND

LANGUAGE(English)

)

No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...