Sunday 22 July 2018

mathematics - How do I tell my current research advisor I want to work in a related field with another professor?


I am currently an undergraduate student looking to work on a senior thesis. Over the course of the past summer and sporadically throughout the Fall semester, I worked with a professor in extremal graph theory. There has been some (from my point of view) subtext between us that I would continue this work into my senior year, though this was never explicitly said.


However, I want to pursue something more algebraic, and have been in contact throughout the Fall semester with a professor working in algebraic graph theory.


How do I tell my current research advisor I want to work in a related field with another professor?



Answer



Just tell him. Be polite. You're over-thinking this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution - Are there any multicellular forms of life which exist without consuming other forms of life in some manner?

The title is the question. If additional specificity is needed I will add clarification here. Are there any multicellular forms of life whic...